Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Dream - Part 3 - It's True!

DSC 0259
Today I had just finished my schoolwork and was about to head outside to play hopscotch with Lupe, when Mama Meli stopped me.

DSC 0254
She said she had something to show me and something very important to discuss with me. I was a little scared. I thought about what I had done that morning, but I'd been very good. I usually am! I had even helped Lily Mae with her arithmetic.
Anyway, Mama beckoned me to follow her down the hall and into the bedroom.

DSC 0261
There was my bunny tucked in bed, but wait! This wasn't my bed!

DSC 0262
This was a bunk bed, a beautiful white bunk bed with soft sheets and lovely patchwork quilts. I bet Grandma made those! But, wait another minute! I get my own set of bunk beds? Top and bottom? Mama told me to have a seat and she would explain.

DSC 0264
I sat down and listened while Mama Meli told me the most amazing thing I have ever heard. I don't think anything more amazing can ever happen to me, but then I am only eight years old. The dreams I have been having of a little girl that looks like me are true. I have a twin sister and she is coming to live with us!

DSC 0267
I felt a million things all at once and Mama talked to me for a long time, to help me sort through it all. I am thrilled, of course, and a little scared. What if she doesn't like me? Will it be hard to share the new bunk beds with her? Mama assured me that it's normal to have these thoughts. She also reminded me that Fiona (that's my twin's name!) will also be scared and worried along with excited and happy. This will be a big change for everyone.

DSC 0266
This really and truly is wonderful. Mama Meli left me alone with my bunny to think about things before joining the others to share the news. I am feeling very blessed to have a twin sister and to have her coming home. I may only be eight years old, but I'm pretty sure this will be the best Christmas present ever!

2 comments:

Karina Brandt said...

wow what a wonderful little story. and gorgeous bed.

Serenata said...

Fabulous story, both exciting and scary for her I can see and well imagine. Beautiful bed and bedding!