Sunday, December 28, 2008

One Hundred Dolly Things Challenge


From Melinda:

I have just reread a wonderful children's book called "The Hundred Dresses" by Eleanor Estes. This story is sad and inspiring at the same time, at least to me. I think many of my friends would relate to the little girl in the story who doesn't fit in and is teased by others and who uses her creativity in a special way. I don't want to give away the story, so I won't say any more. However, some of my friends have decided to do a creative challenge of making one hundred dresses for their dolls, or one hundred mini quilts, or something similar. Since I am still trying to get back into sewing and knitting, I have decided to commit to making one hundred "things" for my dolls. That will allow the part of me that can't seem to make more than one of anything a chance to switch between sewing, knitting, quilting and maybe other types of crafts that will always be for the doll companions that live here and perhaps as gifts for some of their friends.

No comments: