Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In which I give in to resolutions


Melinda here again. I promise to let Hitty Flo have her blog back soon, but this is New Year's Eve and I am compelled to write. First, I have to introduce that lovely doll in my photo. She is Anna Lu, by Annette Himstedt and was my birthday and Christmas gift. She is very likely the last Himstedt doll I will get and I think she is beautiful!

Anyway, I usually resist the whole resolution thing because it brings out the perfectionist in me and the uncomfortable feeling that I will fail. However, this year is different. Even though I still prefer to look at each day as a chance for new beginnings, I am willing to state for the record that there are some things on my mind that I plan to accomplish this year. First, I will continue exercising. No need to dwell on that one - it just has to be an ongoing part of my life. Second, I will SEW! I already have discussed that in previous blogs and am very happy to be getting back to sewing as a creative endeavor. And third, I plan to find a place to volunteer in my community. It's time for that. I've been doing things for my friends in Africa and will continue, but I've been itching to do something locally and I have something in mind. I'll let you know how that goes (with Hitty Flo's permission, of course!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

No comments: