Monday, July 18, 2011

A Doll Museum

From Summer Lark:

Morning Hike
I have been very busy, which is keeping me from having time for my chemistry experiments!  Here I am hiking on a mountain.  I loved the pink flowers in the meadow behind me.

Blythe
But yesterday we visited a museum filled with dolls, toys and miniatures from long, long ago.  The museum is in a lovely old Victorian home, so I dressed up appropriately.

We are Japanese
This antique doll is from Japan and is life size.  She used to sit in a public library for kids to play with

Antique Dollhouse
There were lots and lots of dollhouses and some were huge.  I wish I could have played with them!

Blythe
What's this?  I have no idea, but I heard it's some kind of talking device.  




1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Very neat! I wish we had a nearby museum with antique dolls & dollhouses!